On the status, main trends and prospects of activity the CIS Electric Power Council and its working body - Executive Committee of the CIS Electric Power Council
The CIS Electric Power Council was created by the Intergovernmental Agreement on coordination of interstate relations in the CIS electric power industry of February 14, 1992. On November 22, 2007 and November 20, 2013, the Council of the Heads of Government of the CIS signed the Protocols on Amendments to the Agreement of February 14, 1992.
By the decision of the CIS Economic Council of March 11, 2005, the Regulation on the Electric Power and the CIS Council in the new edition was approved .
The Council is an intergovernmental branch body of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
In accordance with the Agreement on the Establishment of the Commonwealth of Independent States of December 8, 1991 and the Charter of the Commonwealth of Independent States, adopted by the Decision of the Council of Heads of State of January 22, 1993. The Commonwealth is an interstate entity with a wide scope of joint activities and a developed organizational structure and is a subject of international law. The fundamental documents of the Commonwealth do not contain rules that directly determine the legal status of the Commonwealth of Independent States. Among scientists and practitioners, the concept that recognizes the Commonwealth of Independent States as a regional international organization is considered the most justified.
The CIS Electric Power Council consists of the heads of the relevant state authorities and national electricity companies of the participating states, which are vested with the respective powers by the states.
The CIS Electric Power Council in its activities is guided by the Charter of the Commonwealth of Independent States, international treaties within the CIS, primarily in the field of electricity, as well as the Decisions of the Council of Heads of State and the Council of Heads of Government of the CIS.
The main tasks and functions of the Council include:
- elaboration of proposals on the principles and directions of integration of states - participants of the CIS in a B domain of electric power industry, including the provision of collective energy security;
- development of proposals on economic and legal conditions for ensuring the joint work of the association of electric power systems of the CIS member states;
- the creation and maintenance, together with the state governing bodies and the relevant interstate bodies of the Commonwealth, of the functioning of the common electric power market of the CIS member states;
- participation in the preparation of international treaties in the field of energy;
- regulation of technical rules for parallel operation of electric power systems of the CIS member states;
- assistance to the CIS member states in the unification and harmonization of regulatory legal acts in the field of electric power;
- development of international relations in the interests of states - participants of the CIS and participation in IU Well tional energy organizations and others.
The Council is headed by the President and Vice-President , who are elected from among the members of the Council in rotation for a period of 1 year.
The Council has permanent and temporary working bodies, as well as the Institute of Observers.
The Council meets at least twice a year.
The permanent working body of the CIS Electric Energy Council is the Executive Committee, located in Moscow, Russian Federation.
The Executive Committee is chaired by a Chairman appointed by the Council.
The Charter of the Executive Committee of the CIS EES was approved by the Council Decision (Minutes No. 7 of April 21, 1994).
On November 20, 2013, the Council of the Heads of Government of the CIS adopted the Protocol amending the Agreement on the Coordination of Interstate Relations in the Electric Power Industry of the Commonwealth of Independent States of February 14, 1992, annexed to which is the Regulation on the Executive Committee of the CIS Electric Power Council (currently it has not entered into force).
The work of the Executive Committee focuses on issues of preparing documents, providing th boiling operation of the CIS Electric Power Council.
The Executive Committee also carries out:
- coordination of the activities of permanent and temporary bodies of the Council;
- ensuring the preparation of normative, methodological, reference, informational documentation in the field of electric power industry;
- functions of the depository of documents adopted within the framework of the CIS Electric Power Council.
The Executive Committee reports to the Council.
September 14, 2005 agreement between the CIS Electric Power Council and Ruler s stvom the Russian Federation on the terms of the Executive Committee of the CIS EPC in the Russian Federation.
Financing of the activities of the CIS Electric Energy Council and its Executive Committee is carried out in accordance with the cost estimates annually approved by the CIS Electric Energy Council from shared annual contributions from the electric power management bodies and / or electric power associations (companies) of the member states.
The strategic objectives of cooperation among the CIS member states in the electric power industry are defined by the following regulatory legal acts:
- Concept of further development of the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Plan of the basic measures of the enterprises for its implementation adopted by the Council of CIS Heads of State Decision of 5 October 2007 on the yes,
- Strategy of Economic Development of the Commonwealth of Independent States, approval of the decision and of the Council of CIS Heads of Government it on November 14, 2008,
- Strategy, interaction and cooperation of states - participants of the CIS in the field elektroene p Getik for the period until 2020, approved by the decision of the CIS EPC on May 26, 2005, and others.
These regulations and other documents adopted within the CIS framework and electricity e matically CIS Council, determine the basic directions of activity of the CIS EPC and its executors s Foot Committee:
- Ensuring parallel operation of electric power systems of the CIS member states.
- Formation of a common electric power market of the CIS member states.
- Differentiation of balance inventory and maintenance of interstate lines Ele e soap has national electric power systems of states - participants of the CIS.
- Update and harmonize the regulatory framework regulating the electricity industry in RA m kah the CIS.
- Organization of a single metrological space.
- Energy Efficiency , Energy Saving and Renewable Energy Development.
- Organization of a single metrological space.
- Formation of common information space in the field of energy states - participative and CIS Cove.
- Continuing education of specialists in the electric power industry of the CIS member states and the holding of international professional skill competitions among CIS energy system personnel.
- The international cooperation.