Ministries of Energy of Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan signed a memorandum
During the official visit of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan to Turkmenistan, the leaders of the two countries Shavkat Mirziyoyev and Serdar Berdimuhamedov signed a Declaration on deepening strategic partnership.
Also, a memorandum of understanding was signed between the ministries of energy of the two countries on the further development of cooperation in the field of electric power industry.
The specific areas of this cooperation are:
- Cooperation of the parties with the aim of developing electricity trade between the two countries and establishing its transit to other countries;
- Extension of the effective contracts for the supply of electricity on mutually beneficial terms;
- Increasing the volume of trade in electricity;
- Cooperation in the field of repair of energy facilities;
- Carrying out repair work at the facilities.
Press Service of the Ministry of Energy
Republic of Uzbekista