On the readiness of energy facilities of the Republic of Belarus for operation in the autumn-winter period
On September 22, 2020, a press conference on the readiness of housing and communal services organizations and energy facilities to work in the autumn-winter period was held at the BelTA press center. The event was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Belarus, the Minsk Oblast Executive Committee, the management of the State Energy and Gas Supervision State Institution and the State Production Association Beltopgaz. Deputy Chief Engineer Evgeny Panteley spoke at the press conference on behalf of Belenergo State Production Association.
Evgeny spoke about the preparation of the organizations of the Association for work in the autumn-winter period. By the order of the State Production Association Belenergo "On the preparation of organizations that are part of the State Production Association "Belenergo" to work in the autumn-winter period 2020/2021", the following guidelines were approved and accepted for execution:
• Organizational and technical measures to ensure stable and reliable energy supply to consumers in the autumn of 2020/2021;
• The volume of work performed in 2020 by RUE-oblenergo on replacement and construction of heating networks;
• Volumes of fuel oil stocks created by the beginning of the heating season 2020/2021.
All RUE-oblenergo and State Enterprise “Belarusian NPP” have also prepared the corresponding orders, including plan of organizational and technical measures to prepare power facilities for work in the autumn and winter months 2020/2021.
From September 1, 2020, the commissions for assessing the fulfillment of the conditions of readiness for the AWP carry out visits to power facilities.
In accordance with the schedule of heating equipment repairs for 2020:
• It is planned to carry out major overhauls: 26 power boilers, 19 turbines, 3 hot water boilers, 3 steam boilers;
• 26 units of heating equipment have already been repaired, 10 units out of the planned 46 are under overhaul (56% of the year's plan);
• It is planned to carry out medium repairs: 9 power boilers, 5 turbines, 20 hot water boilers, 11 steam boilers;
• 35 units of heating equipment have already been repaired, 10 units out of the planned 45 units are in midlife repair (69% of the year's plan).
11 inspections have been completed, 1 inspection of gas turbine equipment out of the planned 19 for this year is being carried out.
Replacement and reconstruction of heating networks in the amount of about 190 km in one-pipe calculation (107.6% of the annual plan) was completed.
In accordance with the repair schedules for the main electrical equipment for 2020:
• It is planned to carry out overhauls of 21 generators, 4 power transformers, 11 high-voltage circuit breakers, complex repairs at 166 substations of 35-110 kV;
• 57 units of electrical equipment have already been overhauled, 123 units of the planned 202 are under repair (28% of the year's plan). The main work is carried out in the III-IV quarter.
The following measures are being taken to improve the reliability of the electrical equipment of the State Production Association "Belenergo":
- replacement of worn out 35 - 330 kV circuit breakers;
- replacement of 35 - 330 kV bushings;
- replacement of worn out 10 kV vacuum circuit breakers;
- replacement of worn out 35 - 330 kV disconnectors;
- replacement of isolators 35 - 110 kV;
- replacement of switchgear cells:
- replacement of defective current and voltage transformers 35 - 330 kV;
- introduction of overvoltage arresters 35 - 330 kV and 6 - 10 kV, etc.
Overhaul of 0.4-750 kV power transmission lines was 14,976.6 km (62.93% of the plan for 2020).
In terms of measures to improve the reliability of electrical networks, the following elements were replaced: 4086 10 kV supports, 13383 0.4 kV supports, 361 km of 10 kV wires, 909.7 km of 0.4 kV wires, 167.4 km of lightning protection cable for 35 kV overhead lines and higher. 5825 distribution points and transformer substations were repaired, centralized repairs of 79 complete transformer substations were carried out.
Clearing of the glades of 10-750 kV overhead lines on an area of 12,027.22 hectares (88.2% of the plan for 2020) was carried out, and RUE-oblenergo, together with forestry enterprises. The forest bands adjacent to the glades under 10-750 kV overhead lines were cleaned up over a length of 2 326.96 km (70% of the plan for 2020).
RUE-oblenergo expanded the glades of 35-330 kV overhead lines on an area of 206 hectares (23.4% of the 2020 plan).
Since the beginning of 2020, 528.5 km (51.62% of the 2020 plan) of uninsulated wires of 10 kV overhead lines passing through the forestry fund lands have been replaced with protected (coated) wires. 7,321.03 km (63.51% of the total length) of 10 kV overhead lines passing through the forestry fund lands are made in an insulated version.
Replacement of 230.05 km (76.48% of the 2020 plan) 6-10 kV cable lines in regional and district cities of the republic and in Minsk was completed.
As of September 21 of this year, the operational reserves of fuel oil of RUE-oblenergo amounted to more than 352 thousand tons.
The systems of fire automation, smoke removal, sources of external and internal fire-fighting water supply, and the possibility of access to them were checked.
RUE-oblenergo has 184 mobile diesel power plants on its balance sheet.
Emergency recovery and operational field teams are fully equipped with protective equipment and the necessary materials and tools. Emergency drills and personnel briefings are being conducted.
The number of emergency recovery and operational field teams of the Belenergo State Production Association is more than 1,250 with more than 8,800 personnel. The number of automotive and special equipment is more than 3280 units.